MANY VIDEOS ARE AT BOTTOM OF POSTS

*********************VIDEOS ARE NO LONGER TO THE RIGHT SIDE; THEY ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LAST DISPLAYED POST*****************
*********************************************PAGE ON VIETNAM AND DEMOCRATS .******************************************

Friday, July 19, 2013

Where is God?


Where is God?

God is in me. He is around me. No matter where I go he is there. He is with me in my sufferings. He is even there amidst my sins. He does not abandon me. Even if I abandoned him, he will not abandon me. He loves me for all eternity. Even if I do not love him, he loves me. I am his child. He is a father who loves his child unconditionally, in all times, in all events. He suffered and died for me on a cross so that I might always be with him and in him for all eternity.

This not to say that God is part of me as if God were like my heart which is part of me.  God is a supernatural being who has an existence apart from me.  But God reveals himself to human beings who are his creations.  Humans cannot on their own come to a knowledge of God.  But God can reveal himself to a human being in some mysterious way and that human being through a God-given gift of Faith can come to a realization of God's existence; and even his presence in the spiritual soul of that human if the human desires God's presence in order to receive God's guidance in leading a good life.

All humanity is capable of knowing and loving God. All God desires of us is our love. He waits patiently through all our trials and sufferings and errant ways for us to love him; he waits for us, he waits for our acknowledgment of his love for us, of his willingness to shower us with his loving mercy. He has suffered and died for every single human being who has ever existed or will exist. There is no formula or method or trial required for us to possess God in our soul, in our minds, in our very being except to say “my God, I love you”.  This is true because the love and mercy of God for each human being is without bounds.

In Scripture God says we must become as little children who have no guile in them, no false desires, only innocence.   God desires us to follow him as his disciples; but in following him he wants us to let go of the desires we have for things of this world which he assures us will profit us nothing. This is the sacrifice required of us. The things of this world, of this life can only be troublesome and cause great sorrow and pain unless we first seek the love and grace of God who always is open to helping us through the vicissitudes of this life. 

God wants us to be his champions, loving him, desiring to be in him and have him in us as his temple so that everything we do is measured out in love for others; for our family, for our neighbors, and yes, even for our enemies. When we love God with no reservations, with no strings attached; when our love for him is pure, is sincere and is in depth, then this is our faith while our actions are our God filled love for others.

It is not simply following a set of rules that God desires of us; he wants our pure love for him and pure faith and trust in him which will then engender in us the desire to do God’s will; his will through us is to pour out our love, which is then God’s love, to all human beings we care for, associate with and are responsible for.  When we freely choose to do this, how wonderful each day of our life can be engrossed in God’s love, even amidst sorrow, pain, suffering of loss and even deprivation,

No comments:

Post a Comment