MANY VIDEOS ARE AT BOTTOM OF POSTS

*********************VIDEOS ARE NO LONGER TO THE RIGHT SIDE; THEY ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LAST DISPLAYED POST*****************
*********************************************PAGE ON VIETNAM AND DEMOCRATS .******************************************

Saturday, April 30, 2011

An Appeal For Understanding

Through this epistle, which I now write, I wish to convey to all concerned the nature of my assistance to a daughter of mine who, thousands of miles away, with a daughter soon to be nine years of age, finds herself isolated, with no family members within easy distance, required to fend off the demeaning verbal attacks of an ex-husband who, through his narcissistic personality sees no worth in his former wife, drags her to court on trumped-up charges, and manipulates their daughter to make life as miserable as possible for his former spouse.
Throughout recorded history we see for the most part how women have been demoted to a position of servitude. Only in the brief period when the God-man Jesus Christ walked the earth, do we find women elevated to their proper place in the eyes of God. Religious leaders of Jesus’s time held women in low esteem. Jesus, though, always conducted himself with the greatest regard, understanding and love for women.
A woman, caught in adultery, was brought to Jesus by men who stated that the law required the woman to be stoned to death; “Let him who is without sin be the first to cast a stone” was the response of Jesus. The crowd drifted away until the woman stood alone before Jesus.
“Where are they? Has no one remained to condemn you?”, questioned Jesus. “No one sir”, responded the woman. “Then neither will I condemn you”, said Jesus, “Go in peace and do not sin again.”
There are many accounts in Scripture that show Jesus to have a clear understanding of the difficult position in which women found themselves. He was derided by the leaders of the time for associating himself with taxpayers, prostitutes, and other outcasts. On one occasion Jesus replied: “People who are well do not need a doctor, but only those who are sick. Go and find out what is meant by the scripture: ‘It is kindness that I want, not animal sacrifices.’  I have not come to call respectable people, but outcasts.”
It is with that spirit of healing that I conduct myself in assisting my daughter.  As a follower of Jesus I cannot, when dealing with her faults, condemn her.  My mission is to bring my daughter from the depths of loneliness, despair and the consequent false attachments women many times make to seek love and understanding, to a place of hope; and to a much needed connection with a God who is always there to help those in need to come to a better place.
While this mission, I believe, is the way the Lord wants me to proceed, it is not made easy when others, even at times my own spouse, think that being tough, in a sort of “shape up or ship out” way, is needed.  I can only hope, I can only pray that what I do to help my daughter will bring all things to fruition, through the grace of the God of love and especially of mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment